Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Farewell Dinner

So it is almost time to go...
Before all the sadness of leaving friends behind and realizing that it is over... I had an awesome and very festive farewell dinner!!
My friends from READ Nepal took me to a very cool restaurant with folk singing and dancing, sooooo interesting!!!
The restaurant is called Gandaki Dohari. Later I found out that dohari is the word for the kind of singing traditional in Nepal when a male and female talk to each other by singing. It is very beautiful and lively! (Parece um pouco com o Repente, mas é mais romantico e a plateia canta um refrão entre um desafio e outro)
Too bad I could not understand much of what they were saying (after two months, my nepali has not improved at all...one of the few things that did not happened as I have hoped...

The good thing is that we had the chance to dance, the bad thing is that it was really hard to learn how to dance Nepali style... But to be honest, I didn't care... I danced anyway, just feeling the music and enjoying that very special and unforgettable moment!

One thing I know is that Nepalese people know how to party and have fun! I only wish this had been my welcoming dinner... not a farewell dinner...

Thanks to all my friends that made the night unforgettable!!! I will keep practicing and maybe I will be better prepared for next time... :-)


Chetan and I




All of us dancing (or trying to..:-) )

Raju teaching me some moves... (my legs were sore for three days..)

Raju is a good teacher... unfortunately, I am not a fast learner... :-)

Sanjana and Pushpa

No comments:

Post a Comment