Thursday, May 21, 2009

Delicious food




Food in Kathmandu is very, very tasty!
Mitho chha as I have just learned in my Nepali language lessons.



Nepalese people eat Daal-baat (translation:lentil-rice) twice a day, lunch and dinner.

The Nepali Thali has been my favorite choice for lunch and momo's for dinner. Nepali Thali is basically Daal-baat with the option of meat or additional vegetable. I have already tried

Nepali Thali with chicken and mutton and both were delicious!

Momo's are tibetan dumplings and you can also choose the filling, I have tried chicken and buffalo (they call it, buff momo). Both delicious!


Flat stanley is also enjoying all these meals with me and if it goes on like that he will not be flat for long... :-)!


These pictures were taken at Trendy Cafe, a restaurant just around the corner from READ.

No comments:

Post a Comment