Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last days in Little Rock

Namaste!
It has been a crazy week... lots of fun and lots of work! Exciting times, enjoying my family and getting ready for Nepal.


On mother's day, Raquel had a ballet recital, what a wonderful mother's day gift!




During the week, Raquel and I colored Flat Stanleys, read books together and watched all the videos of Flat Stanley around the world (posted by my awesome classmates). It was so much fun!














On Thursday, it was Raquel's graduation. Flavio and I were so proud!! Time really goes fast!














Now it is packing time...
It is finally sinking in... and with a vegeance.... Did I really think it through when I signed up for this?!?
I am excited about the summer but so, so, soooo sad to leave Flavio and Raquel behind.... I wish they could come with me....Life is full of tough choices and I only hope I made the right one...
I am leaving Little Rock today at 3pm, Houston at 8:30pm, stopover in Doha, Qatar for 51/2 hours (lots of time to read and study my Nepali phrasebook :-) ) finally arriving in Kathmandu at 8:30 am May 19th.
Kathmandu time is 10hrs and 45 min ahead of Central daylight savings time and 8 hrs and 45 min ahead of "hora de Brasilia".
I will write again from KTM!

No comments:

Post a Comment